We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Health recipes using healthy ginger have been around for a long time. They are distinguished by their simplicity in preparation and extraordinary healing power.
When used in addition to the hot spice, sweet honey helps soften its taste and also boost the amount of beneficial trace minerals when taken internally.
The article tells in detail and in an accessible way about the beneficial properties of the honey-ginger mixture and contraindications for use, as well as why they drink drinks from these products and how they help with various diseases.
Chemical composition of products
A honey-ginger mixture, prepared in approximately a 1: 1 ratio, contains:
- calories: 192 kcal;
- carbohydrates: 50 grams;
- protein: 1 gram;
- fat: 0 grams.
In addition, ginger contains potassium (415 mg), magnesium (43 mg), sodium (13 mg), vitamins such as calcium (16 mg) and vitamin C (5 mg). It contains essential oils, as well as a special substance gingerol, which gives it a characteristic pungent taste.
It is important to note that the bulk of the calorie content of the mixture comes from honey, since it contains a large amount of carbohydrates. Ginger is itself a low-calorie food.
How is the mixture useful?
- Increase of immunity, resistance of the organism to infections.
- Acceleration of digestion, stimulation of the formation of gastric juice.
- Normalization of blood circulation; thinning thick blood; strengthening of blood vessels; lowering cholesterol levels; prevention of thrombosis, atherosclerosis.
- Stimulation of mental and physical activity.
- Acceleration of metabolism, improvement of the thyroid gland, aid in losing weight.
- Reduction of pain symptoms (including headache, joint pain with arthritis, toothache).
- Prevention of dental diseases.
- Prevention of oncological diseases.
What is the harm?
If consumed for a long time in large quantities may cause:
- irritation of the mucous membrane of the esophagus and stomach, exacerbation of gastritis, gastric ulcer;
- sleep disturbances, difficulty falling asleep;
- itchy skin and rashes.
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract in the acute stage (acute gastritis, peptic ulcer, colitis);
- tendency to profuse bleeding;
- late pregnancy;
- stones in the gallbladder (as it has choleretic properties).
- allergy to bee products;
How to choose ginger root for cooking?
For treatment, it is better to choose fresh ginger root. It is easy to distinguish by its appearance: it is firm to the touch, no dents, the surface is even and smooth. Before preparing recipes, the ginger root must be washed, then gently peeled.
For chopping, it is better to use a fine grater. Fresh ginger is stored in the refrigerator in a glass container for up to two months.
Step by step instructions: how to prepare and how to apply?
To strengthen the immune system
The nutrient mixture speeds up metabolism, improves immunity, and also normalizes blood pressure and cholesterol levels. It is recommended to carry out the course of treatment several times during the autumn-winter period.
- grated ginger - 200 grams;
- honey - 1 tablespoon;
- lemon juice - 1 tablespoon;
- apple cider vinegar - 1 tablespoon;
- garlic - 1 clove.
- Grate the ginger on a fine grater.
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- Squeeze the lemon juice (you can just squeeze the fruit out with your hands).
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix everything.
- Transfer the mixture to a glass container and store in the refrigerator for no longer than 4-5 days.
A course of treatment: Take 2 times a day (before breakfast and lunch) 1 teaspoon for a week. After 2-3 weeks, you can repeat the course.
You can find out about the benefits of ginger with lemon and what problems it helps to get rid of here, and in this article you will find how to take such a medicinal mixture with honey.
As a choleretic agent
A simple choleretic infusion can be made from ginger and honey.
- boiled water - 1 glass;
- grated ginger root - 3 tablespoons;
- liquid honey - 1-2 teaspoons.
- To boil water.
- Pour chopped ginger with a glass of hot water, cover and leave to infuse for 15-30 minutes.
- You can prepare the infusion in a thermos.
- Strain the finished medicine and dissolve honey in it.
Admission course: Take 1 tablespoon in the morning half an hour before breakfast. After a two-week course, take a break for 2-3 weeks.
Ginger tea with honey reduces intestinal cramps, relieves diarrhea and helps reduce inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract. This drink can even be given to children.
- water - 1 glass;
- grated ginger root - 1 tablespoon;
- honey - 1 teaspoon.
How to cook:
- Add ginger to boiling water and simmer a little.
- For a child, the dosage of ginger is reduced to 1 teaspoon.
- When the tea has cooled, stir the honey in it.
A course of treatment: Ginger tea can be taken warm several times throughout the day until loose stools disappear.
From blood clots
Ginger and honey thin the blood, help prevent varicose veins. To prevent blood clots, you can prepare a honey-ginger mixture.
- grated ginger - 200-300 grams;
- liquid honey - 1 kg.
How to cook? Mix ginger and honey, place in a glass jar and refrigerate.
How to use? Take 1 teaspoon 3 times daily before meals. The course can be continued for 2-3 months. Then take a break for 2-3 weeks and continue the course.
It is important to remember that taking certain foods is not a cure and does not override the drugs prescribed by your doctor.
During menstruation, classic ginger tea with honey can be used to relieve pain, reduce muscle spasms, and also to normalize hormonal levels in general.
List of ingredients for 1 liter of pure water:
- grated ginger - 1 tablespoon;
- mint leaves, lemon balm;
- chamomile flowers - 1 tablespoon of the collection or one herb;
- honey to taste.
- Brew medicinal herbs and ginger in a thermos in the evening.
- Warm up a little in the morning and add honey to taste.
How to use: All tea should be drunk during the day. You can continue taking it during the entire period of menstruation.
With a cold
In case of viral diseases, it is necessary to increase the amount of fluid consumed. Doctors recommend drinking just plain water, but you can diversify your diet with a tasty and healthy drink.
Masala tea is a traditional Indian tea made from spices and herbs. With regular use, it enhances immunity, promotes rapid recovery from colds.
- leaf black tea - 3 teaspoons;
- whole milk - 2 cups;
- drinking water - 1 glass;
- grated ginger root - 1-2 teaspoons;
- honey - 1-2 teaspoons;
- spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom) to taste.
- Mix milk and water and bring to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add black tea and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add ginger and spices.
- Remove from heat and leave to infuse until cool.
- When the drink becomes slightly warm, dissolve the honey in it.
How to use? You can drink this tea several times a day throughout the entire period of a cold. To prevent viral infections, take a drink every day or every other day warm.
For diseases of the oral cavity
For a toothache, sore throat, cough, and mouth ulcers, you can use a ginger rinse.
- grated ginger juice - 1 tablespoon;
- clean drinking water - 1 glass;
- liquid honey - 1-2 teaspoons.
How to cook? In a glass of warm water, mix the ginger juice and honey.
How to apply? Use the prepared solution for rinsing the mouth at least 3 times a day after meals. The last rinse should be done at night after brushing your teeth in the evening. The duration of use is determined individually. Usually, improvement occurs after 2-3 days.
Possible side effects from use
- Feeling of bitterness and burning in the mouth.
- A slight increase in heart rate, redness of the skin, increased sweating, a slight increase in body temperature.
- A burning sensation and pain in the stomach and intestines.
It should be borne in mind that honey-ginger mixtures and drinks are taken without exceeding the indicated dosages. In addition, these prescriptions do not replace the doctor's prescription, but only supplement them.
Thus, the unique properties of honey and ginger make them a real natural medicine and an effective means of preventing many ailments. When using them, it is important not to exceed the dosage, then they will only benefit.